Site 3
Mangonui Hall 1894The Mangonui Hall was built by George Garton in 1894. In 1950, the Hall was purchased by the Mangonui County Council on behalf of the people of Mangonui as a commemoration to those who died in the two World Wars. It is now known as the Mangonui War Memorial Hall. A lending library and a number of clubs, churches, and organizations have used the Hall over the years, and dances are still held here.
The public toilets are located at street level under the Mangonui Hall.
Next: From the Hall, continue north-west along Waterfront Drive to the police station; past the Doubtless Bay Information Centre on the left and Mangonui Fish Shop on the right. The sign for Site 4, Three Early Cottages, is just past the police station.